‘Mole hunt’ to find Palace leaker
KENSINGTON Palace has started a "mole hunt" to find whoever is responsible for a number of unfavourable leaks about a rift between Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle.
A number of potentially damaging stories have appeared in the UK press that have focused on a growing hostility between the Duchess of Sussex, 37, and the Duchess of Cambridge, 36.
Kensington Palace is said to have launched the hunt for the source of the leaks, according to the Mail on Sunday.
Among the rumours, none of which have been confirmed, include Meghan causing Kate Middleton to cry after a bridesmaid fitting for her daughter Charlotte.
Meghan Markle has also reportedly been sharp with her staff, including reducing her PA, Melissa Toubati, 39, to tears and ultimately leading to her handing in her resignation.
Prince Harry, 34, has also been throwing his weight around, angered that neither his brother, Prince William, or courtiers have been "rolling out the red carpet" for his bride.
There has also been speculation The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are moving out of Kensington Palace to Frogmore Cottage in the grounds of Windsor Castle due to tensions between the two households.
Prince Harry and his pregnant wife Meghan Markle will move into the historic cottage on the royal family's Windsor Estate early next year, Kensington Palace recently confirmed.
The couple, given the titles the Duke and Duchess of Sussex after marrying in Windsor in May, will live in Frogmore Cottage, a two-storey stucco-faced house in Windsor Home Park close to the castle.
They will relocate to their new home, around 32 kilometres southwest of London, "as they prepare for the arrival of their first child," the palace said in a statement.
"Windsor is a very special place for their royal highnesses and they are grateful that their official residence will be on the estate," it added.
Prince Harry and Meghan, who returned earlier this month from a 16-day tour Pacific tour, currently live in Nottingham Cottage on the grounds of Kensington Palace in west London.
Described as cosy and "modest", it consists of two reception rooms and two bedrooms.
The Palace said the couple's office would remain there.
Tensions may have also started as early as last Christmas when Meghan is said to have suggested she did not feel entirely welcome with all members of the Royal Family.
Prince Charles is said to have tried to smooth things over with an invite to Anmer Hall - William and Kate's country home - but it backfired and the couples reportedly had a "ghastly row".
A royal aide told the paper Meghan was "downright rude".
The source said: "Kate had a quiet word with Meghan.
"It escalated rapidly after Meghan complained to Harry that she had been 'told off'.
"He took her side, while William defended Kate, who was five months pregnant with Louis and certainly didn't want this sort of confrontation."
Royal biographer Robert Jobson also claims the Queen had to speak to Harry about Meghan's attitude after a disagreement about which tiara she would wear at their wedding in May this year.
Kensington Palace declined to comment when approached by The Sun Online.
Part of this article originally appeared in The Sun and has been republished with permission.